Health professionals providers play critical roles in promoting and supporting milk banking and the use of pasteurized human donor milk by:
- Identifying healthy, lactating moms with excess milk and encouraging them to call the closest milk bank.
- Identifying babies who might benefit from pasteurized donor human milk and prescribing it when needed.
- Encouraging human milk for all babies.
- Sharing milk bank brochures and materials with pregnant or lactating moms to inform them of their option to donate milk.
- Making a financial donation to the Mothers’ Milk Bank of the Western Great Lakes.
For more information on milk banking and the use of pasteurized human donor milk, please click on the links below.