Thank you for your interest in providing the life-saving gift of donor milk!
Milk Donor Screening Process
To become a milk donor, follow the below steps to complete the simple screening process.
1. Learn how to donate through the Indiana Mothers’ Milk Bank (IMMB) or call them at 317-536-1670 or toll free at 877-829-7470.
2. The IMMB will explain its qualifications for milk donation. After you complete their screening process, they will instruct you to contact us by phone at 224-286-4551 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The IMMB will arrange for your blood testing, at no cost to you.
The screening process takes approximately 2-3 weeks to complete.
When you are approved as a donor, please make arrangements to drop off your milk at the closest milk depot.
It is important to follow the milk collection and storage procedures described by the IMMB. We request that you plan to donate a minimum of 100 ounces over the course of your time as a milk donor. Exceptions to this minimum are made for bereaved mothers. We can accept milk you stored before contacting us as long as:
1. You were not ill and/or taking any non-approved medications.
2. Your frozen milk has been in a refrigerator-freezer for less than 3 months or in a stand-alone deep freeze for less than 4 months.
3. Your milk is stored in clean, food-grade containers.
After your first donation, you may donate your milk in any amount until your baby reaches 1 year of age, with blood tests repeated every 6 months. Milk storage containers are available at our milk depots when you drop off milk.
To read stories about area milk donors, click here.
If you live outside the Western Great Lakes region, please locate the nonprofit human milk bank nearest you.